Friday, October 9, 2009

Broccoli Salad

I have made this recipe many times and almost always use a different combination of ingredients. You can make it with just broccoli, or a broccoli and cauliflower combination. You can use sunflower seeds or chopped cashews. I've never tried walnuts or pecans, but those would probably work well too. Then, you have to decide: raisins or dried cranberries? Any way you make it, it's very tasty and healthy. The original recipe had twice as much dressing so I cut it in 1/2 with good results. I don't think anyone needs that much mayo. It also called for bacon, but I left that out, too. Enjoy!

Broccoli Salad

1 bunch broccoli, cut in bite size pieces
1 red onion, chopped fine
1/2 cup raisins or craisins
1 cup cashew pieces
1/2 cup low-fat mayo
1/4 cup sugar (I used splenda)
1 tsp. vinegar

Mix first 4 ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix mayo, sugar, and vinegar in small bowl. Pour mayo mixture over the veggie mixture and mix well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...