Saturday, November 28, 2009

Banana Bread


I love my big stainless steel mixing bowl. I probably use it 3 or 4 times a week.

The recipe, as written, makes one loaf. I doubled it today and made two loaves of bread.



These loaves won't last long in this house. I hope you enjoy it!



Banana Bread

Preheat your oven -- 325 degrees for a glass baking dish; 350 degrees for a metal pan

1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup sugar or splenda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda (increase to 1 tsp. if you use splenda)
1/2 cup butter or transfat free butter substitute (I used Smart Balance)
3 mashed bananas
2 eggs - slightly beaten

Spray loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Mix first 5 ingredients with fork. Cut in butter with pastry blender. With fork, stir in bananas and eggs.

Bake 55 minutes - 1 hour. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have Grandma's recipe. Do you want it? Kathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...