Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Chili

My husband needed a dish to pass for a potluck at work. He signed up for chili.

I don't think I've ever made the same recipe for chili twice. I have my basic ingredients and go from there.

This recipe is really simple. Most of the work involves opening all these cans.


Chili

2 (16 oz.) cans kidney beans
2 (16 oz.) cans pinto beans
2 (16 oz.) cans black beans
1 small chopped onion
1.5 lbs. lean ground turkey or beef
1 small chopped red pepper
6-ounce can tomato paste
28-ounce can diced tomatoes
2 Tbl. chili powder (more or less to taste)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. brown sugar

In a large pan combine beef/turkey, onion, red pepper and chili powder. Cook until meat is browned. Drain grease. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer on low heat for 1/2 hour or in crockpot on low for 5 hours. Serve with grated cheese and sour cream, if desired.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...