Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Best Pancakes Ever!

Sorry, no pictures (I'll add some next time I make them) but I had to share this recipe. I combined what I love about pancake recipes -- I've tried quite a few -- and came up with a winner. 


Very simple to make. Enjoy!

The Best Pancakes Ever

1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. granulated sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 heaping Tbl. low fat sour cream

Mix flours, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center. Pour milk, eggs, vanilla, and sour cream into the well. Mix gently until just combined.

Coat a nonstick griddle with butter (preheated to medium-high, 375 degrees on an electric skillet). I just lightly rub a stick of butter over the surface of the pan.

Spoon a skant 1/4 cup of batter on to prepared pan. When the bubbles pop, flip the pancakes over. Cook just a minute or two more. Makes about 8-12 pancakes.

Serve with a drizzle of real maple syrup.

1 comment:

The Zadge said...

Thanks, Sue, for your kind words on my post about the passing of my sweet Jackson. It helped ease the pain a bit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...